This southwest style cabin is on the sunny side of Taos Canyon, adjacent to the Carson National Forest, close to hiking trails and nearby Rio Fernando. It is 500 feet higher in elevation than town, so “cooler” in the summer. You have amazing views from the upper and lower decks (thus the name!), and are surrounded by birdsong and wild flowers, a great space to connect with nature. Only 15 minutes from town, yet just far enough to “get away from it all”. This cabin is where the nationally renowned British author and lecturer, Stuart Wilde, lived and wrote four books called the “The Taos Quintet”.
Location: Taos Canyon, route 64 east (Enchanted Circle Highway). Approximately 6 miles from Taos Plaza, 25 miles to Taos Ski Valley, 20 miles to Angel Fire Ski area, and 40 miles to Red River Ski area.
Baths: One full, with tub and shower (downstairs) and one with shower (upstairs).
Kitchen: Fully equipped: Electric stove and oven, full sized frig, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, generous supply of glassware, dishes and cookware.
Bedding: Queen in master, queen and twin trundle in 2nd, and double sofa sleeper in living area.
Pricing: $140 to $300 per night, depending on time of year, length of stay and number of guests. Weekly discounts. Monthly rates.
Policies: Non-smoking and pet friendly (to dogs) on a case to case basis, let’s discuss.
Deposit and Cancellation: See RossLynn Reservations Policies
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
- Min Stay3 nights
- 2 shaded decks-upper and lower with patio furniture
- books (galore!)
- fenced-in dog yard
- Fireplace insert with glass front (wood burning)
- hair dryer
- iron and ironing board
- parking (generous
- private phone
- Propane Gas heaters and electric baseboard
- TV (Amazon Fire-Stick)
- Wi Fi
- Tiwa Kitchen Restaurant (0.72 mi)11 reviews
- Adobe Cafe (0.26 mi)1 reviews
- Taos Mountain Casino (1.43 mi)8 reviews
- Elevation Coffee (2.04 mi)38 reviews
- The Coffee Spot (2.05 mi)44 reviews
- Coffee Cats (2.82 mi)38 reviews
- Cid's Food Market (2.2 mi)47 reviews
- Taos Market (2.08 mi)4 reviews
- Smith's Food & Drug Centers (3.1 mi)15 reviews